Subject: task-lxde-desktop: LXDE desktop does not include a web browser

From: Jonathan Dowland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:42:27 +0100

Package: task-lxde-desktop
Version: 3.31+deb8u1
Severity: important
X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked]
Control: clone -1 -2 -3
Control: retitle -2 LXDE: screenshot key bound to launch gnome-screenshot, no dependency
Control: severity -2 normal
Control: retitle -3 LXDE: poor text wrapping for Wastebasket icon in default install
Control: severity -3 minor

I've just installed an LXDE desktop via task-lxde-desktop/the LXDE d-i
jessie LXDE spin CD1 with no networking during install.

The resulting desktop does not have a graphical web browser installed.
www-browser is being provided by w3m. Clicking on the web browser in
LXDE results in a pop-up

	"invalid desktop entry file: '/usr/share/applications/lxde-x-www-browser.desktop'

I discovered this because I noticed that the desktop had one icon on it
labelled "Wastebasket" but the text was wrapped on the last character, e.g.
"Wastebaske\nt". I wanted to report this as an unfortunate wrapping.

So I tried to take a screenshot by hitting "print screen". This resulted in a
pop up complaining that gnome-screenshot did not exist. I would argue this
was a missing dependency of the LXDE desktop task if it's bound to the print
screen key by default.

So I thought I'd do a quick web search to find an alternative way or package
to install to take a screenshot of the desktop, hence I clicked on the web
browser icon and discovered the above.

The above are all visible here:

	https://jmtd.net/tmp/lxde.png

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 8.4
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (990, 'stable'), (650, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 4.4.0-x86_64-linode63 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

-- 
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.