Subject: Bug#834176: libgeoclue-2-dev should depend on package geoclue-2.0

From: Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 21:38:44 +0200

Package: libgeoclue-2-dev
Version: 2.4.3-1

Hi,

I think libgeoclue-2-dev should depend on package geoclue-2.0 because
this package contains files needed for development of geoclue like
geoclue-2.0.pc

I have been dealing with geoclue/package-config related failures trying
to build webkit on debian sid until I realized the packageconfig file
geoclue-2.0.pc was not shipped on the dev package rather than in the
package geoclue-2.0

Thanks

---

From: Laurent Bigonville <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 22:36:32 +0200

> geoclue-2.0.pc was not shipped on the dev package rather than in the
I don't think that dependency should be added.

If webkit uses the dbus API directly, it should build-depends against 
geoclue-2.0 package directly.

If it's using libgeoclue (which is a convenience library/wrapper around 
dbus) it should build-depends against it.