Subject: Re: Bug#834401: sddm cannot set per user desktop choices

From: Maximiliano Curia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 08:12:37 +0200

Control: severity -1 normal

¡Hola Pirate!

El 2016-08-15 a las 14:24 +0530, Pirate Praveen escribió:
> package: sddm 
> version: 0.13.0-1 
> severity: grave

Sorry, this is bug alright, it's annoying, but still, it's a bug, it doesn't 
merit a grave severity.

> I have two users in my system and when using sddm, each user has to 
> select their preferred desktop session **EVERY** single time. One user 
> wants KDE/Plasma and another GNOME. When first users selects GNOME and 
> logout, the second user also gets GNOME, even when they have selected 
> KDE/Plasma as their preferred session in previous login.

As a workaround you could use the .xsession script to start the desired 
session to each user.

Happy hacking,
-- 
"Nothing ever goes away." -- Commoner's Law of Ecology
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/