Subject: Re: Bug#834401: sddm cannot set per user desktop choices

From: Maximiliano Curia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 10:19:08 +0200

Control: tag -1 + upstream
Control: forwarded -1 https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/346

¡Hola Pirate!

El 2016-09-06 a las 12:23 +0530, Pirate Praveen escribió:
>
>
> On 2016, സെപ്റ്റംബർ 6 11:42:37 AM IST, Maximiliano Curia <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Sorry, this is bug alright, it's annoying, but still, it's a bug, it 
>> doesn't 
>> merit a grave severity.

> Alright. But isn't being able to choose a desktop environment a core 
> functionality of a display manager?

I don't remember xdm having a session selection (other than the .xsession 
file). Also, you can choose your desktop environment, it just won't record the 
last one chosen by each user (but only the last one chosen globally).

Anyway, the feature request upstream is: 
 https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/346

It's currently a post 1.0 goal, with some discussions about whether to use 
~/.dmrc, AccountsService or sssd...

Maybe a patch could move things forward (nudge, nudge).

Happy hacking,
-- 
 Porque no respeta el orden natural en el que se leen las cosas
 > ¿Por qué contestar al principio del mensaje es malo?
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/