Subject: Bug#864999: fixed in lintian 2.5.66

From: Chris Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 15:49:26 +0000

Source: lintian
Source-Version: 2.5.66

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
lintian, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [email-masked],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Chris Lamb <[email-masked]> (supplier of updated lintian package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [email-masked])

Format: 1.8
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 14:59:29 +0000
Source: lintian
Binary: lintian
Architecture: source all
Version: 2.5.66
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian Lintian Maintainers <[email-masked]>
Changed-By: Chris Lamb <[email-masked]>
Description:
 lintian    - Debian package checker
Closes: 637473 741071 782277 806237 833613 837548 864999 884503 884676 884678 884683 884699 884785 884798 884817 884848 885042 885096 885106 885327
Changes:
 lintian (2.5.66) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   Merry Christmas!
 .
   * Summary of tag changes:
     + Added:
       - autotools-pkg-config-macro-not-cross-compilation-safe
       - bugs-field-does-not-refer-to-debian-infrastructure
       - mismatched-python-substvar
       - missing-notice-file-for-apache-license
       - override_dh_clean-does-not-call-dh_clean
       - package-contains-python-doctree-file
       - pkg-config-unavailable-for-cross-compilation
       - portable-executable-missing-security-features
       - python-package-depends-on-package-from-other-python-variant
       - vcs-fields-use-more-than-one-vcs
 .
   * checks/*.desc:
     + [CL] Standardise on capital-L "Lintian" in package descriptions.
       Thanks to Adam D. Barratt for the suggestion.
   * checks/cruft.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Check for packages that invoke AC_PATH_PROG without considering
       cross-compilation. Thanks to Helmut Grohne for the idea and
       proof-of-concept implementation.  (Closes: #884798)
   * checks/fields.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Emit a wishlist warning for packages that mix-and-match more
       than one version control system in Vcs-* headers.  (Closes: #884503)
     + [CL] Warn when packages specify a "Bugs" field in debian/control that
       does not refer to official Debian infrastructure as this can make
       reportbug unable to report bugs.  (Closes: #741071)
   * checks/files.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Warn maintainers about packages that ship pkg-config files under
       /usr/lib/pkgconfig as they are unavailable under cross-compilation.
       Thanks to Helmut Grohne for the idea.  (Closes: #885096)
     + [CL] Warn about packages that ship non-reproducible Python .doctree
       files.  (Closes: #885327)
     + [CL] Factor out simple filename checks into a Lintian::Data variable.
   * checks/init.d.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Don't emit init.d-script-needs-depends-on-lsb-base if the
       package ships a Systemd service file.  (Closes: #864999)
   * checks/lintian.desc:
     + [CL] Also note that unused-override can be triggered if Lintian
       adds/modifies supplementary tag metadata.
   * checks/obsolete-sites.pm:
     + [CL] Ignore commented-out lines to avoid false-positives where the
       maintainer references the old location.  (Closes: #806237)
   * checks/pe.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Check for Microsoft Windows Portable Executable (PE) files that
       are missing security hardening features. Thanks to Petter
       Reinholdtsen for the report.  (Closes: #837548)
   * checks/python.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Warn about Python 2.x packages using ${python3:Depends} and
       Python 3.x packages using ${python:Depends}. Thanks to Mattia
       Rizzolo for the idea.  (Closes: #884676)
     + [CL] Factor out definition of dependency fields.
     + [CL] Warn about Python 3 packages that depend on Python 2 packages
       and vice versa.  (Closes: #782277)
   * checks/rules.{desc,pm}:
     + [CL] Check for override_dh_clean targets that are missing calls to
       dh_clean. Thanks to Andreas Beckmann for the idea.  (Closes: #884817)
   * checks/standards-version.pm:
     + [CL] Avoid misleading tag descriptions when emitting valid
       timewarp-standards-version warnings if the date parts are identical
       (ie. "2017-11-30 < 2017-11-30"). Thanks to Andrea Bolognani
       [email-masked]> for the report.  (Closes: #884785)
   * checks/source-copyright.{desc,pm}:
     + [CL] Check for Apache 2.0 packages that do not distribute their
       accompanying "NOTICE" files.  (Closes: #885042)
     + [CL] Use the list of files in the orig tarball (rather than in the
       regular index) to prevent false positives when checking for the
       source-includes-file-in-files-excluded tag when a patch system
       re-adds files that were removed.  (Closes: #884848)
 .
   * collection/src-orig-index:
     + [CL] Correct references to generated filename.
     + [CL] Update bitrotted calls to Lintian::Command:spawn.
 .
   * data/debhelper/compat-level:
     + [MR] Bump the experimental debhelper compat level to 12.
       (Closes: #884678)
     + [CL] Bump the recommended debehlper compat level to 11, emitting a
       pedantic warning when using lower level.  (Closes: #884699)
   * data/debhelper/dh_commands:
     + [CL] dh_scour is now provided by python3-scour, not python-scour.
       Thanks to Jeremy Bicha.  (Closes: #885106)
   * data/files/js-libraries:
     + [CL] Detect embedded jQuery libraries with version number in their
       filenames (eg. jquery-1.10.2.min.js).  (Closes: #833613)
     + [CL] Also emit embedded-javascript-library for Twitter Bootstrap and
       "mustache".
   * data/files/php-libraries:
     + [CL] Avoid a embedded-php-library false positive for streams.php.
       (Closes: #637473)
   * data/spelling/corrections:
     + [PW] Add a number of corrections.
 .
   * debian/compat:
     + [NT] Bump debhelper compat level to 11.
   * debian/control:
     + [CL] Tag relevant build-dependencies with <!nocheck>.
     + [NT] Bump versioned Build-Dependency on debhelper to 11~.
 .
   * lib/Lintian/Collect/{Package,Source}.pm:
     + [CL] Don't require that src-orig-index.gz actually contains any files
       rather than faking an entry.
 .
   * reporting/templates/maintainer.tmpl:
     + [CL] Correct invalid "else if" syntax with "elsif". Thanks to Uwe
       Kleine-König for the report.
 .
   * t/tests/fields-malformed-vcs-fields-unrel:
     + [CL] Add a regression test for a potential false positive in the
       "vcs-field-has-unexpected-spaces" tag.  (Ref: #884870)
   * t/tests/files-multiarch-foreign-files:
     + [CL] Don't hardcode architecture triplet to fix FTBFS on non-amd64
       architectures.  (Closes: #884683)
   * t/scripts/implemented-tags.t:
     + [CL] Exclude some tests in this coverage check now that they are
       specified in a data file rather than in the code itself.
Checksums-Sha1:
 9702ba91c38840129a9566d39cc520bc8906e219 3516 lintian_2.5.66.dsc
 ffd268765754c7f90afafdae6da7a2b5186a910a 2610532 lintian_2.5.66.tar.xz
 0fe51b31ff9ba9e52d4b15b09d4a828a1a5636ee 1080132 lintian_2.5.66_all.deb
 2e2b3b2bb0e73c23df474d10896e585e86c8209c 15861 lintian_2.5.66_amd64.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 eae9331c4527d1b137612a8a04f234f0033f08a76882034bdbd6edb502fc71c9 3516 lintian_2.5.66.dsc
 742d44a8657cdca0fd26210ec582242c497dd6efd25cdd9293ee16ebc107c57a 2610532 lintian_2.5.66.tar.xz
 c9ed8c1a2df9bcb909a526c59fb8d4abfee9a37ce39272a94c287194a804484c 1080132 lintian_2.5.66_all.deb
 3504bb9cc26eeff47aeff3e6e653b9ae4ceec08a8647e9bb327f8d899827cb14 15861 lintian_2.5.66_amd64.buildinfo
Files:
 fa53057e7cdb31e16848db90f96c6e2e 3516 devel optional lintian_2.5.66.dsc
 7b5c7c8de421288eb548957f8e7c11b8 2610532 devel optional lintian_2.5.66.tar.xz
 28765798a9bde37a3d38de40b9e8b16b 1080132 devel optional lintian_2.5.66_all.deb
 b23607b14bcc14197d12c06941df4eac 15861 devel optional lintian_2.5.66_amd64.buildinfo