Subject: Bug#866811: [ssh/sftp]

From: Thomas McAtee Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 16:50:41 -0700

Package: ssh/sftp
Version: 1:7.5pl-5
Severity: important

--- Please enter the report below this line. ---

unable to go to laptop stretch from pc buster. deleted known_hosts from
buster, copied/pasted sshd_config from pc stretch to pc buster because I
knew I was going to the laptop stretch from pc stretch. Still unable to
go to laptop stretch from pc buster. Able to go from pc stretch to
laptop stretch, laptop stretch to pc buster but unable to go to laptop
from buster. Filing this one again due to not knowing if any I filed
earlier went. Tried the regular reportbug but couldn't tell if went.
Sorry if duplicate file. I just couldn't tell if anything happened from
the terminal reportbug when I filled in the information. So a friend
suggested that I try this route. Granted I'm able to go to the laptop
stretch from the pc stretch but still I should be able to go to laptop
stretch from pc buster and by it not doing so after having tried what I
did I searched and wasn't able to find any solution to what I was
getting and decided to file a bug report to see if you know anything on
this or not.

Thank you

Tom

--- System information. ---
Architecture: Kernel:       Linux 4.9.0-3-686-pae

Debian Release: buster/sid
  500 testing         www.deb-multimedia.org   500 testing
ftp.us.debian.org
--- Package information. ---
Package's Depends field is empty.

Package's Recommends field is empty.

Package's Suggests field is empty.

-- 
Open Source is wonderful use it.
http://osalt.com/
http://whylinuxisbetter.net/
http://distrowatch.com/

Desktop:
Debian Stable Xfce/Open Box
Debian Testing Xfce/ Open Box

Laptop
Debian Mate

---

From: Colin Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 15:06:14 +0100

Control: notfound -1 1:7.5pl-5
Control: found -1 1:7.5p1-5

On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 04:50:41PM -0700, Thomas McAtee Jr wrote:
> from buster.

I need to see exact error messages in order to have any chance at all of
debugging this.  To start with, please add the -vvv option to whatever
ssh command you're using in the case where it fails, and copy and paste
the entire output into a reply to this email.

Thanks,

-- 
Colin Watson                                       [[email-masked]]