Subject: amavisd-new-cronjob returns unknown cron routine when bayes is

From: Alexander Bachmer - rockenstein AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:53:07 +0000

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.10.1-2~deb8u1

Hi,

root@host:/tmp# dpkg --list amavisd-new
Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig
Löschen/Halten
| Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
         Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
|/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler:
GROSS=schlecht)
||/
Name                                            Version                
      Architektur                  Beschreibung
+++-===============================================-
============================-============================-
=======================================================================
============================
ii  amavisd-new                                     1:2.10.1-
2~deb8u1            all                          Interface between MTA
and virus scanner/content filters

root@host:/tmp# dpkg --status amavisd-new
Package: amavisd-new
Status: install ok installed
Priority: extra
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 2702
Maintainer: Brian May <[email-masked]>
Architecture: all
Version: 1:2.10.1-2~deb8u1
Replaces: amavis
Provides: amavis
Depends: adduser (>= 3.34), debconf | debconf-2.0, file, libarchive-
tar-perl, libarchive-zip-perl (>= 1.14), libberkeleydb-perl,
libconvert-tnef-perl (>= 0.06), libconvert-uulib-perl (>= 1.0.5),
libdigest-md5-perl, libio-stringy-perl, libmail-dkim-perl,
libmailtools-perl (>= 1.58), libmime-base64-perl, libmime-tools-perl,
libnet-libidn-perl, libnet-server-perl, libtime-hires-perl, libunix-
syslog-perl, pax, perl (>= 5.10.1) | libcompress-raw-zlib-perl (>=
2.017), perl
Recommends: altermime, libnet-patricial-perl, ripole
Suggests: apt-listchanges (>= 2.35), arj, cabextract, clamav, clamav-
daemon, cpio, dspam, lhasa, libauthen-sasl-perl, libdbi-perl (>= 1.43),
libmail-dkim-perl (>= 0.31), libnet-ldap-perl (>= 1:0.32), libsnmp-
perl, libzeromq-perl, lzop, nomarch, p7zip, rpm, spamassassin (>=
3.1.0a), unrar
Conflicts: amavis, logcheck (<= 1.2.62)
Conffiles:
 /etc/amavis/README.l10n bbb66708bafec2e3a006a7c8a00b7fba
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/01-debian 8bafedb2fa9ee9fecde4aa799d3abfd6
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/05-domain_id 5a3ba3c821a0554711b69bb32ac1ec1a
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/05-node_id 3d109ebfe69ba511d3c6583e812996a4
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-av_scanners a649d3a343fc55231a6cbfa730be9383
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/15-content_filter_mode
ff3563e0243ee84609ac6550fc940e84
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian_defaults 82a326cc5433960dce50be288ac4ca5f
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/25-amavis_helpers 0e846eed3e25e7aff00142ce859fd664
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/30-template_localization
c0955e34f12453cd5af02c2d2a0fef96
 /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user 9739f0cdb97227db6cfe63c8474275d0
 /etc/amavis/en_US/charset df071f78599059e5b73a6618f813050b
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-auto-response.txt
5a53e5694afbabe1d17ba3d4f0c75b89
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-dsn.txt 223a39803783bc8654854f4e26a299ef
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-problem-feedback.txt
f81dcc93691c4c75738a3e79d46fcada
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-release-quarantine.txt
f88b0a5cc4eae1c5b70cd3eeac60eb49
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-spam-admin.txt
36332a61a9ec0037357d64605f620133
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-spam-sender.txt
5cd876d98aa3f1c0cce9486f0edd988e
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-virus-admin.txt
36109fc98bafabf3ef9098ce867c094c
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-virus-recipient.txt
af6d5da9062ec14e733b51ee5a77e29c
 /etc/amavis/en_US/template-virus-sender.txt
d6146428b420fb5bfb34c2dd4cca7f89
 /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new 2c283e533f525067201141f167477fc8
 /etc/default/amavis-mc 6c6c2528750ddd9c16c4ffb8e4b614e8
 /etc/default/amavisd-snmp-subagent 0dada54b357dc873d1ea3f121e1f5468
 /etc/init.d/amavis 86921647364eb0221c89829a680c5c41
 /etc/init.d/amavis-mc b6b7b0034a330cf615a6cf8efa7228bb
 /etc/init.d/amavisd-snmp-subagent b60aee679ebcd5ad3fa723ba11516318
 /etc/ldap/schema/amavis.schema 6156b1e5fe1579839433480cd2a8b0e9
 /etc/spamassassin/sa-update-hooks.d/amavisd-new
aaab9a78bec4858d0bc25b1b31c6ef52
Description: Interface between MTA and virus scanner/content filters
 AMaViSd-new is a script that interfaces a mail transport agent (MTA)
with
 zero or more virus scanners, and spamassassin (optional).
 .
 It supports all common virus scanners (more than 20 different AVs),
with
 direct talk-to-daemon support for ClamAV, OpenAntiVirus, Trophie, AVG,
 f-prot, and Sophos AVs.
 .
 AMaViSd-new supports all MTAs through its generic SMTP/LMTP filter
mode
 (ideal for postfix and exim).  It is faster and safer to use the
SMTP/LMTP
 filter mode than using the AMaViS pipe client.  It supports sendmail
milter
 through the amavisd-new-milter package.
Homepage: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

root@host:/tmp# cat /etc/cron.d/amavisd-new
#
#  SpamAssassin maintenance for amavisd-new
#
# m h dom mon dow user  command
18 */3  * * *   amavis  test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-
cronjob && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync
24 1  * * *   amavis  test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob &&
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-clean

As user amavis:
$ /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-
sync
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob: unknown cron routine 

I think it has to be like this:

#
#  SpamAssassin maintenance for amavisd-new
#
# m h dom mon dow user  command
18 */3  * * *   amavis  test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-
cronjob sa-sync && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync
24 1  * * *   amavis  test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-clean &&
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-clean

root@host:/tmp# man amavisd-new-cronjob
AMAVISD-NEW-
CRONJOB(8)                                                             
         System Manager's
Manual                                                                 
     AMAVISD-NEW-CRONJOB(8)

NAME
       amavisd-new-cronjob - Cronjobs for the Debian amavisd-new
package

SYNOPSIS
       amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync | sa-clean

DESCRIPTION
       amavisd-new-cronjob is a helper script that contains the cron
job routines used by the amavisd-new Debian package.  It exists to help
deployment in high-security environments, such as SE-Linux.

       This helper script is called by entries in the system crontab
directories, as usual.

SEE ALSO
       /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/*

AUTHOR
       This manual page was written by Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh
@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by
others).

                            2006-08-
10                                                                     
       AMAVISD-NEW-CRONJOB(8)

Greetings

Alex

---

From: Brian May <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 17:00:32 +1000

> /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob: unknown cron routine 

errr... No. That is not the command from the crontab. The correct
command is:

test -e /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob && /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync

i.e. we only execute the command if it is installed.

> /usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-clean

Passing "test -e" more then one parameter doesn't make sense.

I don't know why you might be getting errors from the cronjob, however I
think you are going to have to rethink your diagnoses. Or send me the
actual error cron in giving you.
-- 
Brian May <[email-masked]>