Subject: Bug#881715: alsa-utils: High CPU usage on the default device

From: Andoru <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 01:47:30 +0200

> Maybe your speakersystem needs some rectification?

You mean the external speakers? I use headphones. I don't know what those
have to do with ALSA or this issue I'm having.

> Or you can ask here:
<http://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel>
> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/mailman/listinfo/alsa-devel

I tried writing to alsa-devel, but I didn't get any reply:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2017-November/126934.html

> Do you have a $HOME/.asoundrc?

____________________________________________________________
_______________________
$ locate asoundrc
~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/share/doc/
libasound2/examples/asoundrc.txt.gz
~/.steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/share/doc/
libasound2/examples/asoundrc.txt.gz
/usr/share/doc/libasound2/examples/asoundrc.txt.gz
____________________________________________________________
_______________________

> Did you tried mpg321, moc or any other console player?

What should I try specifically?
What parameters should I use?