Subject: Re: Update and document criteria for inclusion in /usr/share/common-licenses

From: Paul Hardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:03:01 -0700

Control: block 910548 by -1

Blocking my own bug report with this one, which I just noticed.

I submitted bug #910548 previously against the base-files package:
"base-files - please consider adding
/usr/share/common-licenses/Unicode-Data".

I had formatted the copyright and license information for Unicode data
files from the http://unicode.org website to put in the
debian/copyright file in a package that I created this summer.  The
copyright information is more involved than most copyright statements,
so I kept it in what I submitted with the bug report.

I thought if that license was something Debian found useful, there
would be no need for anyone else to duplicate the effort of formatting
that I had gone through once, and so I offered it.  Just the license
in isolation could be formatted like other licenses fairly quickly if
the copyright section is not wanted.  Or the whole thing can be left
out and that bug closed, as you wish.

Thanks,

Paul Hardy