Subject: Bug#897639: fixed in lintian 2.5.85

From: Chris Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 00:05:33 +0000

Source: lintian
Source-Version: 2.5.85

We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
lintian, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
attached.

Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed.  If you
have further comments please address them to [email-masked],
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.

Debian distribution maintenance software
pp.
Chris Lamb <[email-masked]> (supplier of updated lintian package)

(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing [email-masked])

Format: 1.8
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 23:31:53 +0000
Source: lintian
Binary: lintian
Architecture: source all
Version: 2.5.85
Distribution: unstable
Urgency: medium
Maintainer: Debian Lintian Maintainers <[email-masked]>
Changed-By: Chris Lamb <[email-masked]>
Description:
 lintian    - Debian package checker
Closes: 884499 892304 896671 896675 896840 897082 897157 897166 897213 897244 897248 897402 897424 897638 897639 897692 897915
Changes:
 lintian (2.5.85) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   * Summary of tag changes:
     + Added:
       - ancient-python-version-field
       - changed-by-invalid-for-derivative
       - old-python-version-field
       - package-does-not-use-debhelper-or-cdbs
 .
   * checks/{binaries,shared-libs.pm}:
     + [CL] Update shared object detection for file >= 5.33 as this version
       will identify shared objects as a "pie executable" or "shared object"
       depending on the file's executable bit.  Thanks to Paul Gevers, Doug
       Freed, Christoph Biedl & Mattia Rizzolo.  (Closes: #896840)
   * checks/changelog-file.pm:
     + [CL] Prevent false-positives in the non-consecutive-debian-revision
       and possible-new-upstream-release-without-new-version tags by
       skipping them if the source package was renamed.  Thanks to Andreas
       Beckmann for the report.  (Closes: #896675)
     + [CL] Include the offending version numbers in the output of the
       non-consecutive-debian-revision tag.
   * checks/cruft.pm:
     + [CL] Make the file-contains-trailing-whitespace tag also emit for
       whitespace at end of files.
     + [CL] Drop now-misleading comment regarding trailing whitespace
       filenames being relative.
     + [CL] Also allow /usr/share/doc/$pkg/examples to be a symlink when
       checking for packages that ship examples.  Thanks to Rafael
       Laboissière for the report.  (Closes: #897157)
   * checks/copyright-file.pm:
     + [CL] Disable the duplicate word "spelling" detection in copyright
       files to their extensive use of headings and other structures causing
       false positives.  Thanks, Stuart Prescott.  (Closes: #897402)
   * checks/debhelper.{pm,desc}:
     + [CL] Don't use $. out-of-context when reporting on dh --parallel.
     + [CL] Add a pedantic warning for packages that do not use debhelper or
       CDBS.  (Closes: #884499)
   * checks/description.pm:
     + [CL] Rework the description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly
       tag to ensure we do not cause false-positives for literal "e.g.",
       "eg.", ellipsis ("..."), "etc.", splitting out the tests to make
       it clearer and to catch some other corner cases.  Thanks to Andreas
       Beckmann for the detailed report.  (Closes: #896671)
     + [CL] Include the synopsis itself for context, etc. when emitting the
       description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly tag.
   * checks/fields.pm:
     + [CL] Correct a default-mta-dependency-not-listed-first false-
       positive where we incorrect emitted the tag for, e.g.
       "Depends: a, default-mta | b".  (Closes: #897166)
     + [CL] Fix orphaned-package-not-maintained-in-debian-infrastructure
       false positives for https://git.dgit.debian.org Vcs-* fields.
       Thanks to Thorsten Alteholz for the report.  (Closes: #897915)
   * checks/menus.pm:
     + [CL] Also look in a package's dependencies for files listed in a
       doc-base control file.  (Closes: #897244)
   * checks/patch-systems.pm:
     + [CL] Ignore templated ".in" files in debian/patches for the
       patch-file-present-but-not-mentioned-in-series tag.
   * checks/python.{desc,pm}:
     + [CL] Mark dependency-on-python-version-marked-for-end-of-life as
       "experimental" and with a "pedantic" severity, thus essentially
       hiding it from all Lintian users yet allowing us to continue to
       continue collect statistics and making it easier to re-introduce
       after the release of buster.  (Closes: #897213)
     + [CL] Migrate the malformed-python-version and
       python-version-current-is-deprecated tags from fields.pm, refactor
       to use $info->source_field over $info->field, include the
       offending field name in the output, and also warn about the Python
       3.x variant of this field.
     + [CL] Warn about ancient and old X-Python{,3}-Version fields.  Thanks
       to Scott Kitterman.  (Closes: #892304)
   * checks/watch-file.desc:
     + [CL] Update description of debian-watch-uses-insecure-uri to clarify
       what to do if there is currently no secure URI.  Thanks to Andreas
       Tille for the report.  (Closes: #897082)
 .
   * collection/src-orig-index:
     + [CL] Pass --full-date to tar(1) to ensure that we get a consistent
       output in the presence of spaces in other fields.  (Closes: #897248)
     + [CL] Pass --utc to tar(1) to ensure reproducible date parsing.
 .
   * data/java/constants:
     + [CL] Apply patches from Bas Couwenberg to update the bytecode checks
       for OpenJDK 10 add bytecode number for OpenJDK 11.  (Closes: #897424)
   * data/fields/perl-provides:
     + [CL] Update for Perl 5.026002.
   * data/files/python-generic-modules:
     + [CL] Add "scripts" and "script" to the list of overly generic Python
       module names.  Thanks, Andreas Beckmann.  (Closes: #897692)
   * data/spelling/corrections:
     + [CL] Add a "CBDS" → "CDBS" correction.
     + [CL] Add a "DSFG" → "DFSG" correction.
     + [PW] Add a number of corrections.
 .
   * doc/releases.md:
     + [CL] Clarify that we should add an extra bit of whitespace for
       annotated release tags.
 .
   * lib/Lintian/Check.pm:
     + [CL] Add support for derivative-specific "Changed-By" validation to
       enforce additional restrictions on the uploader.
   * lib/Lintian/Collect/Package.pm:
     + [CL] croak() a meaningful message we cannot parse an index data line.
 .
   * t/tests/*:
     + [CL] Apply patch from Adam Conrad adding "-Wl,--no-as-needed" to fix
       testsuite failures with Ubuntu's ld(1).  (Closes: #897639)
     + [CL] Correct the "files-" (should be "fields-") prefix of the
       files-orphaned-package-not-maintained-in-debian-infrastructure test.
 .
   * vendors/ubuntu/main/data/changes-file/known-dists:
     + [CL] Apply patch from Adam Conrad to add cosmic as a known Ubuntu
       distribution.  (Closes: #897638)
Checksums-Sha1:
 60782aebffcd5cf931fcbe26133ee6cd770f46aa 3511 lintian_2.5.85.dsc
 2869bef7a0aaa4cc8267a3382c7aafc166d08bb3 1558352 lintian_2.5.85.tar.xz
 da8125f4f7d0036b59dfdd2a2024566684b32ad4 1119656 lintian_2.5.85_all.deb
 7ddb746e0686b660e5afc5a3d172b3299f95fe15 16200 lintian_2.5.85_amd64.buildinfo
Checksums-Sha256:
 df24c8d65d16edca1826cf5f87f5b3eb1c6d63f4a7f79e4706fa2a08c2d0d59e 3511 lintian_2.5.85.dsc
 bd299b914b86ed39fdf61c259bef51fccfffd70d87be64d2a8156f8b32c8a365 1558352 lintian_2.5.85.tar.xz
 f983340231677519b165554970d24fcbe573d363be1beb72ef425de5e0a43314 1119656 lintian_2.5.85_all.deb
 81a2875c455830084bfc16c099653de666a1012c86167a0f9202f697b1dcb879 16200 lintian_2.5.85_amd64.buildinfo
Files:
 f9b5d5c26962ec3c93fd170584c876aa 3511 devel optional lintian_2.5.85.dsc
 9ef2eeeb1e049e8ce0c5d9ef12311d29 1558352 devel optional lintian_2.5.85.tar.xz
 66e4d7ddf5b59af55ff602053dbfc707 1119656 devel optional lintian_2.5.85_all.deb
 5964554e2c9386130178f212ade06590 16200 devel optional lintian_2.5.85_amd64.buildinfo