Subject: fbterm: Please stop shipping /usr/share/terminfo/f/fbterm

From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 10:22:51 +0200

Package: fbterm
Version: 1.7-4
Severity: wishlist

Last year the fbterm terminal description was added to ncurses
upstream, and I would like to add it to the ncurses-term package,
replacing the one shipped currently in the fbterm package.

This requires coordinated uploads of ncurses and fbterm, adding a
versioned Breaks/Replaces on fbterm to ncurses-term and a versioned
dependency on ncurses-term to fbterm.

The benefit for fbterm users would be that ncurses-term is much more
likely to be installed on any remote system they might want to connect
to than fbterm, so setting TERM=fbterm has a higher chance to work in
such cases.

---

From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 08:42:30 +0200

> to than fbterm, so setting TERM=fbterm has a higher chance to work in

Gentle ping, as there has been no reply yet.  I still think this would
be a good idea, and you do not need to run tic at build time as well
(see #1034644).

Cheers,
       Sven