Subject: Re: lintian: Pedantic check for packages not using debhelper or CDBS

From: Chris Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 17:43:26 +0100

tags 884499 + moreinfo
thanks

Hi,

> lintian: Pedantic check for packages not using debhelper or CDBS

I'm in two minds about this. Whilst I would like everyone to use such
things, as it was pointed out recently Lintian tags should always be
actionable.

If one's personal style was not to use debhelper or CDBS then this
would simply be overly-didactic or annoying, leading to folks
ignoring Lintian in the future.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

-- 
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      [email-masked] / chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-