Subject: Bug#901500: tracker.debian.org: does not remove the versions panel when the package has been removed entirely

From: Raphaël Hertzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:54:24 +0200

Package: tracker.debian.org
Severity: normal
Tags: newcomer

If you look at https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/jenkins it looks like that
jenkins is still in unstable with version 1.565.3-6 but in fact it has
been removed everywhere (the "package is gone" panel is a proof).

So the code updating the "versions" panel is not pruning the last entry
correctly when the package has been entirely removed from all known
repositories.

The relevant code is in distro_tracker/core/retrieve_data.py in the
UpdateVersionInformation object.

The execute function should really have some logic to drop the PackageData
entries for packages that have no associated source_package_versions.

Cheers,

-- System Information:
Debian Release: buster/sid
  APT prefers oldoldstable
  APT policy: (500, 'oldoldstable'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (500, 'oldstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 4.16.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled