Subject: Bug#903428: javadocs generated by javahelper include jquery

From: Thomas Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 21:48:20 +0200

Package: javahelper
Severity: important
Tags: newcomer

The command jh_build calls javadoc. The output of javadoc contains a copy of
jquery which leads to lintian error:
https://lintian.debian.org/tags/embedded-javascript-library.html

One solution would be if javahelper would strip the embedded jquery library
and replace it with a symlink to the version from the jquery debian package
and add a dependency on the jquery package to the -doc package.

The problem is that we'd need to rebuild all javadoc packages if the jquery
package gets updated in an incompatible way.

Therefor it would be better if javadoc had an option to build the docs without
jquery, but I have not found such an option. What does javadoc need jquery for
in a world with HTML5?

There was bug 883981 about exactly this ("openjdk-9: embeds jquery.js when
creating javadoc") which got autoclosed.

I made this bug important since it leads to policy violation errors in the
generated packages. It is not feasible to fix this bug in all the generated
- -doc packages manually.

Java 11 should at least come with an updated jquery:
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8204865