Subject: Status of this bug

From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:30:06 -0300

This has happened so far:

From the Debian side maxy added haveged as a sddm recommendation and as a 
workaround.

From the Qt side Thiago from upstream is trying to determine what changed in 
the kernel side, as this clearly started to happen with 4.16 and got worse 
with 4.17.

Ben, linux maintainers: if you could give us a hand to determine what changed 
from the kernel side it would be much much appreciated. If we find that there 
are valid changes then we might have an opportunity to make Qt upstreams 
reconsider the issue.

Cheers, Lisandro.

-- 
Sobre Argentina: "sé que es uno de los países mas hospitalarios del mundo"
 Albert Einstein

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

---

From: Ben Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:48:56 +0100

> are valid changes then we might have an opportunity to make Qt upstreams 

CVE-2018-1108 was fixed in the kernel.

Ben.

-- 
Ben Hutchings
Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it, get a larger hammer.

---

From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:51:09 -0300

> CVE-2018-1108 was fixed in the kernel.

Thanks Ben!!!!