Subject: Re: Bug#906072: Ogon packages available (Linux RDP Server)

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 08:50:56 +0000

Hi Marcel,

On  Do 16 Apr 2020 19:33:51 CEST, marcel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to let you know about ab packaged version of ogon  
> (https://github.com/ogon-project (https://github.com/ogon-project),  
> a linux Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server implementation).
>
> https://launchpad.net/~linux-ng/+archive/ubuntu/ogon  
> (https://launchpad.net/~linux-ng/+archive/ubuntu/ogon)
>
> Maybe this can make it into Debian and helps to get ogon usable for  
> a wider public.

I plan to work on Ogon as my next (unpaid) packaging project in  
Debian. It is awesome that you have already wrapped-up the Ogon  
components as DEBs. This will ease our day.

Main question is, if you'd be interested in co-maintaining Ogon in  
Debian (and consequently in all derivatives of Debian, thus in Ubuntu).

I guess, that Bernhard Miklautz (one of the upstream authors) will  
also be around for tricky issues and as our contact point on the  
upstream side.

The packaging should ideally happen in the Debian Remote Maintainers'  
namespace on salsa.debian.org [1]. Have you used Git for doing the DEB  
packaging of Ogon for your PPA? If so, could you provide access to  
those repos, so I can pull them over to salsa.debian.org (GitLab)?

Furthermore, if you'd be interested in co-maintaining there are  
several possible cooperation modes possible. I could be your reviewer  
(and tutor) regarding Debian policy conformant packaging of software  
(if you'd be interested in becoming a Debian Developer). We could also  
cooperate in a cross-distro approach: I am responsible for Ogon in  
Debian, you take care for it in one of its derivatives (e.g. Ubuntu)  
with proper upload permissions there (a model, Martin Wimpress and  
have been using for the MATE desktop packaging).

Let me know what you think!

Mike

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-remote-team
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde
Mike Gabriel, Marienthaler Str. 17, 24340 Eckernförde
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4351) 850 8940

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de