Subject: Re: Bug#909439: version mismatch, the other way

From: Paul Gevers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 21:35:47 +0100

Hi Rebecca,

On 23-11-2019 15:33, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/p/python-feather-format/3483361/log.gz
> appears to have the opposite problem: it finds the new source (-3), but
> as this had not yet been built, it used the old binary (-2).

The root cause here should be a mirror that is out-of-date, as britney
only schedules the tests when the build is done (so your statement isn't
correct). It's annoying that it can happen.

Further, this is not a huge issue (albeit confusing for people looking
into). It will be retried after one day and all should be fine.

It's the opposite that I worry about, a version X which passes while if
it would have correctly run with X+1 it would show a fail. So, a
regression that goes unnoticed due the issue you mention above.

> The testing excuses pages for both pandas and python-feather-format
> currently list this as a test of -3, which it is not.  The debci summary
> page doesn't appear to list it at all - is that intended to fix this bug?

No, we changed debci a bit to only show "pure" runs in the overview
page, i.e. runs without pinned packages. Follow the link under "britney"
and you'll go to the page with all the runs scheduled by the migration
software.

> (It failed because -2 is uninstallable due to the Breaks: for #943925,
> which is fixed in -3.  A test of actual -3 has since been run, which
> passed.)

Paul