Subject: Bug#916446: netcfg: please statically define ip4-localhost (mirroring ip6-localhost)

From: Jonathan Dowland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:52:36 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 03:19:16PM +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
>Package: netcfg
>Severity: wishlist
>Tags: patch
>
>Patch at https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/netcfg/merge_requests/4

I got a notification that someone asked a question on the Merge Request
and that reminded me of this, two years later.

I think this would still be useful, and the commit still applies cleanly
to today's netcfg `master` branch. Could someone please consider this?
Here are two other people who have requested the same thing over the
years:
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=858011;msg=5>,
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=427067#5>.

Thanks,

-- 
👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland
✎	 [email-masked]
🔗	https://jmtd.net