Subject: Bug#932634: lintian: false-positive embedded-library libyaml due to matching string (defined in data/binaries/embedded-libs) with package rust-yaml-rust

From: "Chris Lamb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 14:51:08 -0300

tags 932634 + moreinfo
thanks

Hi Helen,

> In lintian/data/binaries/embedded-libs, the criterium to detect if a
> library was linked statically against libyaml is to verify the string:
> 
> libyaml   ||(?m)^did not find expected <stream-start>
> 
> But this string is also found in package rust-yaml-rust.

Indeed. So, I not sure how Lintian is meant to "know" that this is
from the Rust version of YAML over the libyaml version. If bat was
called, say, "rust-bat" instead then we could use embedded-libs's
ability to filter via a regular expression, but that is alas not the
case. Any ideas...?

Best wishes,,

-- 
      ,''`.
     : :'  :     Chris Lamb
     `. `'`      [email-masked] 🍥 chris-lamb.co.uk
       `-