Subject: Bug#935186: dovecot PAM service includes common-session

From: Laurent Bigonville <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 18:35:54 +0200

Package: dovecot-core
Version: 1:2.3.4.1-5
Severity: normal

Hi,

Currently, the dovecot PAM service includes common-session. Shouldn't it
be common-session-noninteractive instead?

On my machine, the only difference is the fact that the
common-session-noninteractive is not including the pam_systemd module.

Including the pam_systemd module means that a new logind session will be
started and some process could be also started by the systemd --user
instance, which might be overkill.

Shouldn't that be changed to common-session-noninteractive?

Kind regards,

Laurent Bigonville

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers unstable-debug
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable-debug'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental-debug'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 5.2.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_BE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_BE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=fr_BE:fr (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled