Subject: Re: Bug#940930: devscripts: add new script for self-service give-backs

From: Mattia Rizzolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 14:17:27 +0200

user [email-masked]
usertags 940930 new
tags 940930 moreinfo
thanks

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 12:14:28PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Please add a new script for contributors to do self-service give-backs
> from the command-line, perhaps something like this:
> 
>    wanna-build-sso gb --packages foo bar baz --architectures amd64 i386 --suites unstable experimental

For the log, there is already one tool that uses SSO to authenticate,
namely `nmcli`, used by FD, DAM, etc to query stuff on nm.d.o.
Also, I wrote a thing (incompleted) to be able to schedule builds on
tests.reproducible-builds.org, also using SSO client certificates.

But, the future of SSO is currently uncertain, I prefer if the Debian
SSO would first finish their thing, and assure me that client
certificates will stay, as it's currenly not at all clear.
I don't want to include a tool in devscripts, that may already start
failing in 1 or 2 years.  Till then, I consider this request stalled
with "moreinfo".

-- 
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-