Subject: Arch Linux API for getting package information

From: Eli Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 15:04:07 -0400

In order to get information about a package, you add "json/" to the link.

So, https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/diffoscope/
becomes https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/diffoscope/json/

Since this hardcodes architecture and repository information, you could
do a search and get json instead.

Given this exact-name search:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=diffoscope

You can get json like this:

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/search/json/?name=diffoscope

You should generally only get one search result due to the exact-name
search, but if the package is in both the "community" repository and the
"community-testing" repository, you could end up with two results, the
-testing version being newer.

You could either try to check that by hand, or add the search terms

&repo=Core&repo=Extra&repo=Community&repo=Multilib

to hardcode which repos you want to search in.

-- 
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User