Subject: whohas displays wrong information for diffoscope on Archlinux

From: Holger Levsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 11:02:05 +0200

Package: whohas
Version: 0.29.1-1
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

$ whohas diffoscope
[...]
AUR         		<td>103-1</td>                       3 		http://aur.archlinux.org		<td>103-1</td>
[...]

while https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/diffoscope/
shows that Archlinux (proper, not AUR) has version 125-1.

-- 
cheers,
	Holger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
       PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C

---

From: Holger Levsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 09:24:51 +0000

hi,

so, what I learned:

- diffoscope-git is a git package which is some kind of YOLO arch
  package, which updates itself to the latest git version on
  installation. (so the version number is meaningless.)
- so ${pkg}-git should probably be ignored if the is a ${pkg} package
  too.
- https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_repositories_web_interface
  is what the name implies.

-- 
cheers,
	Holger