Subject: Bug#943572: d-i.debian.org: d-i scripts on dillon.d.o use /srv/mirrors

From: Aurelien Jarno <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 19:30:23 +0200

Package: d-i.debian.org
Severity: normal

DSA would like to move dillon to another ganeti cluster with no local
mirror. It seems that the d-i scripts use /srv/mirrors, at least the
following crontab entry:

55 */4 * * * cd $DI; mr -q up ; cd $DI/scripts/testing-summary; ./gen-summary /srv/mirrors/debian > $WWW/testing-summary.html ; ~/bin/push-www

Can you please confirm that /srv/mirrors is still used? Does it need a
full mirror or a partial mirror without pool/?

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 5.2.0-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_WARN, TAINT_OOT_MODULE, TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=fr (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

---

From: Cyril Brulebois <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 20:11:45 +0200

Hi,

and thanks for the report.

> 55 */4 * * * cd $DI; mr -q up ; cd $DI/scripts/testing-summary; ./gen-summary /srv/mirrors/debian > $WWW/testing-summary.html ; ~/bin/push-www

Just checked what happens with http://deb.debian.org/debian instead
(network mirror support is what I use when I run this script locally),
and that seems fine.

Fixed in git, and deployed in the crontab:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/commit/369054e0d3fdc7e9ef7e4987a4adaf191b4569c0

> full mirror or a partial mirror without pool/?

The dose checks used to need access to mirrors, but they seem to have
been commented out by mistake:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/commit/3d25abea44bb9122ee404394f6e84d67aa874b31

Those checks need access to Packages files. When re-enabling them,
we can probably move to fetching those files from the network as well.

Adding Holger to copy for awareness, but it doesn't look like we have
more things depending on mirrors; so we can probably consider
everything's good unless Holger knows about anything else?

Cheers,
-- 
Cyril Brulebois ([email-masked])            <https://debamax.com/>
D-I release manager -- Release team member -- Freelance Consultant

---

From: Holger Wansing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 20:42:03 +0200

Hi,

> everything's good unless Holger knows about anything else?

I looked into topics on my responsibility, and there seem to be no such
things there.
So, nothing I am aware of.

Holger

-- 
Holger Wansing <[email-masked]>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076