Subject: Re: manpages: Please remove memusage.1 from the package

From: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:55:29 +0000

tags 958235 + wontfix
# Not removing man pages for existing commands due to statistic issues
thanks

Hello Jean-Philippe,
Am Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:33:22AM +0200 schrieb Jean-Philippe MENGUAL:

> memusage has not been in Debian for a long time, at least a decade.

This is not correct:
$ apt-file search memusage | grep bin\/mem | less
libc-devtools: /usr/bin/memusage
libc-devtools: /usr/bin/memusagestat

>    * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
>      ineffective)?
> 
> Translating the manpages-l10n, I see that memusage is still
> present. Upstream cannot remove it, as the command exists in gcc-toools
> on Fedora, but Debian should do it.

If the translation/tool is not relevant, simply stop translating it.

However, remember that manpages-l10n is upstream, i.e. you translate
for other distros as well.

> Would help for translation stats and not to have a useless page

If you bother about the statistics, you can move the current
translation into the archive.

Greetings

          Helge
-- 
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     [email-masked]
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
        64bit GNU powered                     gpg signed mail preferred
           Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/