Subject: keyboard-configuration: Empty /sys/bus/usb/devices causes runtime error in the debconf script

From: Ryutaroh Matsumoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 21:01:01 +0900

Package: keyboard-configuration
Version: 1.196
Severity: important

Dear Maintainer,

By
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=968109
I have empty /sys/bus/usb/devices directory.

Then dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration fails as

root@rpi4-20200805:~# dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
cat: '/sys/bus/usb/devices/*:*/bInterfaceClass': No such file or directory
cat: '/sys/bus/usb/devices/*:*/bInterfaceSubClass': No such file or directory
cat: '/sys/bus/usb/devices/*:*/bInterfaceProtocol': No such file or directory

and I have no method to configure my keyboard layout.

Best regards, Ryutaroh Matsumoto

-- System Information:
Debian Release: bullseye/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: arm64 (aarch64)

Kernel: Linux 5.7.0-2-arm64 (SMP w/4 CPU threads)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_CRAP
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages keyboard-configuration depends on:
ii  debconf                 1.5.74
ii  liblocale-gettext-perl  1.07-4

keyboard-configuration recommends no packages.

keyboard-configuration suggests no packages.

Versions of packages keyboard-configuration is related to:
pn  console-common        <none>
pn  console-data          <none>
pn  console-tools         <none>
pn  gnome-control-center  <none>
pn  kbd                   <none>
ii  systemd               246-2

-- debconf information:
  keyboard-configuration/ctrl_alt_bksp: false
  keyboard-configuration/altgr: Right Alt (AltGr)
  keyboard-configuration/layoutcode: us
  keyboard-configuration/xkb-keymap:
  debian-installer/console-setup-udeb/title:
  keyboard-configuration/compose: No compose key
  keyboard-configuration/unsupported_config_layout: true
  keyboard-configuration/store_defaults_in_debconf_db: true
  keyboard-configuration/switch: No temporary switch
  keyboard-configuration/variant:
  keyboard-configuration/optionscode:
  keyboard-configuration/unsupported_layout: true
  keyboard-configuration/unsupported_options: true
  keyboard-configuration/toggle: Alt+Shift
  keyboard-configuration/unsupported_config_options: true
  keyboard-configuration/layout:
  keyboard-configuration/modelcode: pc105
  keyboard-configuration/model:
  keyboard-configuration/variantcode:
  keyboard-configuration/other: