Subject: lintian: Please emit dh-exec-useless-usage only when none of the lines needs dh-exec

From: Dmitry Shachnev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 18:01:24 +0300

Package: lintian
Version: 2.93.0
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

In qtbase-opensource-src, I have the following file:

$ cat debian/libqt5core5a.install
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec
[any-i386] usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/sse2/libQt5Core.so.*
usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/libQt5Core.so.*

Lintian emits this informational tag:

I: qtbase-opensource-src source: dh-exec-useless-usage debian/libqt5core5a.install "usr/lib/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/libQt5Core.so.*"

Yes, this line would work with pure debhelper, but I need dh-exec for the
first line, not for the second one.

(In this particular case, I could use a debian/libqt5core5a.install.i386 file,
but there are more complicate files in qtbase so I need dh-exec anyway.)

So please emit this tag only if none of the lines uses dh-exec specific
constructions (such as [architecture] markers).

--
Dmitry Shachnev