Subject: Bug#974914: O: cdrkit

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:46:26 +0100

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: m68k
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked]

Hello!

I'm orphaning the package cdrkit so I can pick it up as the new maintainer.

cdrkit has been abandoned upstream and has been replaced by the libburnia
tools but it's still required for the time being as xorriso currently
does not support creating legacy HFS filesystems which is required for
creating debian-installer ISO images for m68k.

I'm trying to support libburnia upstream to get HFS support added so that
we can finally drop cdrkit in the future as this is the only reason we
still need it in Debian. All the other architectures in d-i have been
moved to xorriso.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - [email-masked]
`. `'   Freie Universitaet Berlin - [email-masked]
  `-    GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546  0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913

---

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:57:13 +0100

Control: owner -1 !
Control: retitle -1 ITA: cdrkit

I'm adopting cdrkit as explained above.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Fabio Fantoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:06:59 +0100

Hi, I saw cdrkit orphan with RC bug but someone that want adopting it 
from a message of over one years ago without uploads

@John Paul Adrian Glaubitz: you still want adopt it?

---

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:09:03 +0100

Hi Fabio!

> @John Paul Adrian Glaubitz: you still want adopt it?

Yes, I'm trying to get that done within the next weeks. Got unfortunately too
distracted with too many other things.

Were you interested in adopting it as well?

Adrian

---

From: Fabio Fantoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:33:38 +0100

> Were you interested in adopting it as well?
Thanks for reply, unfortunately I don't have much time, anyway recently 
seeing some packages orphaned with RC or others even if not orphaned 
that no longer seem maintained and with autoremoval on some I did some 
NMU or QA. This I've seen that is build-dep of a package I've invested 
hours on recently 
(https://salsa.debian.org/debian/memtest86plus/-/commits/debian/experimental) 
and have a lot users seeing popcon so I wanted to make sure it will not 
removed (even if it doesn't have autoremoval at the moment), if no one 
else they would fix before a possible autoremoval from testing if I'll 
have time I would do a QA myself (this will not be necessary if you do, 
in which case thank you)

I suggest to create also repository for it in salsa to make 
easier/faster contribute if necessary in future.