Subject: Re: Bug#985633: warn about watch files that use github and include full refs

From: Jelmer Vernooij <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:17:22 +0000

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 09:40:32PM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 6:30 PM Jelmer Vernooij <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I was hoping that lintian could verify that there is at least
> > something after "/archive/" in the matching pattern
> Could Lintian-brush or the Janitor do so, when Lintian provides the string?
It could, but at that point there isn't much value in having lintian
involved - the janitor could just get that directly from UDD.

The main value in having lintian in the loop here is:

 * lintian actively goes out and discovers issues (especially on fully
   built packages), so that lintian-brush runs can be prioritized.
 * so we can verify that issues that lintian found and lintian-brush
   thought it fixed are actually fixed

Not all issues can be fixed by the janitor either, so it would be
useful to have a lintian tag for those packages that are affected but
can't be fixed.

-- 
Jelmer Vernooĳ <[email-masked]>
PGP Key: https://www.jelmer.uk/D729A457.asc