Subject: Re: Bug#991813: libsmi: New upstream version 0.5.0 available.

From: Tobias Frost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 08:33:17 +0200

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 07:54:26AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦  3 August 2021 07:42 +02, Tobias Frost:
> 
> > So -- my 2 cent -- I would even package trunk of the git repo, it would
> > be much better than the more-than-adecade(!) old version in Debian.
> 
> If you have some time, feel free to take over the package. I have too
> much on my plate currently.
> 
> > Regarding ABI: I've diffed the 0.4.8 smi.h with the 0.5.0 one:
> > all those changes should not be ABI changing.
> 
> Thanks for checking. If you don't want to take over the package, I'll
> try to find some time to update to 0.5.0.

Lets form a team or maybe ask the net-snmp people if they would be ok
in expanding the scope towards are more snmp team?

> -- 
> Instrument your programs.  Measure before making "efficiency" changes.
>             - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plauger)