Subject: Bug#994577: lintian: node-* arch:all package should depends on nodejs:any and b-d on nodejs:native

From: "Bastien Roucariès" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 21:34:43 +0000

Package: lintian
Version: 2.104.0
Severity: wishlist

Dear Maintainer,

In order to improve cross build of nodejs ecosystem, node-* arch:all package
should depends on nodejs:any and b-d on nodejs:native

Maybe this test should be restricted to ma: foreign package

Bastien

---

From: Mattia Rizzolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 16:57:24 +0200

(this reply is not related to lintian directly)

> should depends on nodejs:any and b-d on nodejs:native

IMHO, you should make your tooling produce this "nodejs:any" binary
dependency, instead of having each package have it manually listed in
d/control (see ${perl:Depends} as an example, since, it's actually the
very same thing, producing perl:any dependencies).

> Maybe this test should be restricted to ma: foreign package

It shouldn't be IMHO.

-- 
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-

---

From: Bastien ROUCARIES <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:49:42 +0200

> very same thing, producing perl:any dependencies).

Bug already opened. Thanks for thé idea